SunSmart Solar Power Pool Pumps
Lorentz Solar Power Pool Pumps
Solar Power 'Off-Grid' Pool Pumps
Take your pool pump 'off-the-grid' and save from 10 to 20 kilowatt hours of electricity a day!!
Your filtration pump is one of the most costly household electrical appliances to run, and depending on the size of your pool, to run a 1.5HP 240 volt AC pump can cost anywhere from $1000 to $2000 in electricity every year. This also means you are contributing in the vicinity of 6 tons of greenhouse emissions each year.
Sunsmart solar power pumps and Lorentz solar power pumps give you an ‘off the grid’ opportunity that will save more in energy costs than installing a 3 or 4 KW solar energy system. These solar power pool pump systems utilise high efficiency brushless DC (Direct Current) motor technology. Furthermore, the DC motors use 3 phase circuitry, which means they are the most efficient DC motor available.
Brushless 3 phase DC motors are close to twice as efficient as AC (Alternating Current) motors, which means that the job of filtering with DC power can be achieved with a much smaller motor, which means fewer panels, which means lower cost. Furthermore, a brushless DC motor will outlast its AC equivalent by 2 to 3 times.
We have a large range of solar power pool pumps to choose from, starting with the SunSmart 500 watt 48 volt DC model. Electricity is supplied directly by three to four 200 watt panels (600 to 800 watts). The power is managed by a specially designed controller that utilises MPPT technology. There are no inverters, just straight DC current from the panels directly to the solar power pool pump via the controller, which means losses are minimal. The system is so efficient that it will continue to run even on partially cloudy days.
A Few Facts
- A pool pump is one of the largest electricity consuming devices in your home
- You can run your pool pump directly from the sun (solar power)
- DC brushless technology is perfect for solar power
- DC brushless technology gives you almost double the efficiency of AC technology
- DC brushless technology gives you 2 to 3 times longer motor life
- DC brushless technology is much quieter
- Converting to solar power helps our environment
- A solar power pool pump system can pay for itself in less than 2 years
- A solar power pool pump system can run parallel to your existing AC pump or 'stand alone'
- A solar power pool pump system can save you up to $2000.00 a year
- Cater for all size pools - various models starting from the Sunsmart 500 up to the Lorentz 1800; from 17 cubic meters per hour to 33 cubic meters per hour (285 litres / min to 550 litres / min)
Package Deal - What Do You Get?
SunSmart Pro 48V 3 phase DC pool pump
- 17 cubic meters per hour flow
- 15 meter Head
- 3 meter lift
4 x 195 watt Solar panels
Solar panel mounting kit
MC4 Parallel DC 'T' leads
MC4 cable connectors
2 year Warranty on pump & controller
25 year performance warranty on solar panels
For the DIY enthusiest... Call now
for your special package deal...
... whilst we are offering a further 12 months pool pump warranty
(3 year warranty on pump and controller)
Comprehensive installation instructions included
Contact us and we can arrange installation for you
You can also see a solar powered pool in action on a cloudy day here
or a solar powered pool on a sunny day here
(these videos were taken by a very excited solar powered pool pump customer)
Download a brochure of SunSmart's Solar Powered Pool Pumps